[vlc-devel] Compile vlc with gcc 4.2.1 sjlj (mingw32-2)

Son Tran son.minh.tran at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 01:06:27 CET 2009

2009/1/17 Kaarlo Räihä <agent_007 at luukku.com>

> You followed
> http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2008-November/052943.html
> that MSYS guide?

Thank you for the link. I remembered that I saw this post once. But I just
forget it :-) .
I still have some problems with the information in this documentation. For
instance,
In the step 2, it is written:
"* Update your autoconf, automake and libtool by downloading and installing
them.
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/autoconf2.5-2.61-1-bin.tar.bz2
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/automake1.10-1.10-1-bin.tar.bz2
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/libtool1.5-1.5.25a-1-bin.tar.bz2"
In fact, these files are not the "binary" ones. How can I install them? I
decompressed them,then put them into the /mingw/usr/local/bin. The PATH
contains well the directory /mingw/usr/local/bin. But the version of the
three apps is still the obsolete one.
I tried then to compile them by myself. At the configuring step, I was asked
to update my m4. It seems that the update
with msysCORE-1.0.11-2007.01.19-1.tar.bz2 is not enough?
Thank you