[vlc-devel] Looking for VLC developer/help/ideas for embedded client development

nicolas nicolas at enttec.com
Wed Jul 22 01:53:03 CEST 2009

Hello

Sorry, if this really isn't the right list to post but you guys are the target audience.
We are developers and manufacturers of Entertainment/Architectural lighting products, we have a new project where we would like to stream data from VLC and then have our embedded hardware act as VLC client and pixel map (RGB) the data onto DMX512 streams. The application is for large format video screens.

Our hardware has limited resources (ARM9 500Mhz) but has GigE so probably just uncompressed stream playing is what we need.

We would be happy to have this software as open source, sponsored ....

Just looking for ideas, feedback and any expressions of interest from the VLC developers

Thank you

Nicolas Moreau
www.enttec.com