[vlc-devel] libvlc API: Add equalizer to audio.c

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sat Jul 25 19:23:09 CEST 2009

Cyril,

I am reluctant about that patch because two structures are being used.
Please don't use structure at all, or in a very limited manner.

The ownership is unclear, and the libvlc_audio_get_eqz() is completely
leading to leak the psz_name member. I would suggest to do it in a
similar way to what was done for your previous patch, with explicit
setters and getters.

I would suggest to draft the prototype API first, and then implement
it. So that you don't waist too much time just by implementing
something that will have to change.

Thanks for your work,

Pierre.