[vlc-devel] commit: l10n: first update of the German translation ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:09:15 CEST 2009

Am 12.06.2009 um 17:17 schrieb Kai Hermann:

> Here is my nearly final translation:
>
> 98% translated (21 unclear, 76 not translated) (new)
> vs
> 92% translated (310 unclear, 75 not translated) (last update)
Cool!

> I'll do some polishing to the last unclear strings and the remaining
> 10 to 15 untranslated strings (the rest are abbreviations) in the
> near future, but I do not think that I'll be done with this by the
> end of the week.
Take your time. I'll submit your current version right away and will
gladly update it again once you're ready. Apparently, it looks like
there might be a RC4 before the actual final release...

> But I have one question, should I translate abbreviations like BD
> (for BluRayDisk)? I did not translate them in the current version
> because they ar the same in German as well...
Not translating those is absolutely correct. IMO, it wouldn't make any
sense to do so. If there was a common German abbreviation, we should
use it, but usually there isn't as you know...

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Felix