[vlc-devel] Earth to release engineering

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun May 24 21:54:01 CEST 2009

Hello *,

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 09:59:38PM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> I thought we had a release manager. I guess my memory is failing me, because I
> have not seen any news from him/her over as long as I remember. I only recall
> a few bug lists from J-B a relatively long time ago.

I can take the job from now on, and I will also post a list of bugs after my
dinner.

> in parallel. This is especially critical now that 1.1 is open and interest in
> 1.0 is fading rapidly.

1.0.0-rc1 is more stable than most 0.9.x versions of VLC (and even some
0.8.6 post-c) and is quite well tested... I think we should focus on 1.1
and go on with the 1.0.0 release cycle. I suggest RC2 tomorrow morning
and then RC3 the following week.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf