[vlc-devel] Visibility of 1.0.0-rcX (was: Earth to release engineering)

Andre-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Mon May 25 01:06:19 CEST 2009

On 24-May-2009, at 15:54, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

>> in parallel. This is especially critical now that 1.1 is open and
>> interest in
>> 1.0 is fading rapidly.
>
> 1.0.0-rc1 is more stable than most 0.9.x versions of VLC (and even
> some
> 0.8.6 post-c) and is quite well tested... I think we should focus on
> 1.1
> and go on with the 1.0.0 release cycle. I suggest RC2 tomorrow morning
> and then RC3 the following week.

At the moment I don't feel the release candidates are getting much
exposure
to the user community, especially the MacOS X version which only appears
amongst the nightlies.

It would be nice to change this. For the MacOS X version at least, if
there
is somewhere to put the file, how would you feel if I announced this in
the forum? I would add the necessary disclaimers, but anything that can
increase testing prior to the release would be useful, IMHO.

If you see another way of increasing exposure, or have a different take,
then I am welcome to suggestions.

André-John