[vlc-devel] Visibility of 1.0.0-rcX (was: Earth to release engineering)

Andre-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Mon May 25 14:56:34 CEST 2009

On 25-May-2009, at 02:22, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

>> If you see another way of increasing exposure, or have a different
>> take,
>> then I am welcome to suggestions.
>
> But that raises an underlying question: *who* would handle the bug
> reports
> on OSX timely now? If nobody could even make an RC1 build, then I
> guess
> nobody can fix bugs either. We are increasingly seeing frustrated
> testers
> who feel they are wasting their time since nobody is fixing the bugs
> anyway
> (especially but not only on Windows). It is sad, but if we cannot
> fix bugs,
> then better not to waste testers energy indeed.

That is a fair point. I am not sure what it would take to get more non-
Linux
developers on board. I would offer to help, but I am not familiar with
MacOS X
on the development side, spending more of my energy in Java.

Just for the record, what elements are considered platform specific
and what
sort of skill sets are you looking for?

André-John