[vlc-devel] Visibility of 1.0.0-rcX (was: Earth to release engineering)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon May 25 19:23:16 CEST 2009

Le lundi 25 mai 2009 15:56:34 Andre-John Mas, vous avez écrit :
> I am not sure what it would take to get more non-Linux developers on
> board. I would offer to help, but I am not familiar with MacOS X on the
> development side, spending more of my energy in Java.

Threatening to stop VLC on OSX on the website main page did not work.
I just suspect there are comparatively few open-source volunteer developpers
running MacOS X.

> Just for the record, what elements are considered platform specific
> and what sort of skill sets are you looking for?

The UI, the video and audio outputs, the contribs, the framework/SDK.

But with RC2 out this week, it's rather late to find developpers for the next
release. And then, starting with shotgun bug fixing a few weeks before a
release is probably an excellent way to burn your motivation out really fast.
IMHO, we cannot afford to loose any new developper like that.

http://www.remlab.net/