[vlc-devel] commit: Qt4: remove proto combo from open net tab ( Rémi Denis -Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Nov 26 11:17:10 CET 2009

----- Message d'origine -----
> OK, if you ultimately want to have just one field, then we should have
> reasonable defaults. That means no '@' for multicast addresses and port
> defaulting to the same value everywhere in the VLC code (1234).

There is no formal default for UDP/TS, but I believe VLC defaults consistently to 1234.

The default RTP/AVP ports pair is 5004-5005, as per specification. It is impossible to use the same port everywhere in the sense that streaming output needs differring ports for video, audio and extras (or mux) anyway. I fail to see what defaults would have to be changed.