[vlc-devel] commit: Removed useless fb-chroma option. (Laurent Aimar )

Rafaël Carré rafael.carre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 13:21:34 CEST 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:05:58 +0200
Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:15:05 +0200, Rafaël Carré
> <rafael.carre at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's useful on TI Davinci dm6446 device which has 4 different
> > framebuffers with different image formats (2 * UYVY, 1 * RV16, 1
> > custom)
> >
> > There's no way to know the image format from the linux fb API, so
> > you have to specify it (with --fb-chroma)
>
> I don't know about DaVinci, but OMAP has extended the Linux
> FrameBuffer API to support multiple chromas. Can't it be detected (in
> platform-specific ways) on DaVinci too? instead of relying on the
> user to know the hardware...

linux/fb.h hasn't been extended and there is no special header for
framebuffer in asm/arch/ (at least on my 2.6.10 kernel).

However we could have a ARCH_DAVINCI define, and detect chroma with
struct fb_fix_screeninfo.id (each framebuffer has a special name, from
which we know the supported chroma).

Do you think it's better to have this special case #ifdef'd for
davinci, rather than having the user specify it with a --fb-chroma
option ?

--
Rafaël Carré