[vlc-devel] commit: Removed useless fb-chroma option. (Laurent Aimar )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Sep 28 14:33:27 CEST 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:21:34 +0200, Rafaël Carré <rafael.carre at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Do you think it's better to have this special case #ifdef'd for
> davinci, rather than having the user specify it with a --fb-chroma
> option ?

I just think it's best to auto-detect the proper settings whenever we can.
We have orders of magnitude too many configuration knobs already.

Is is so that DaVinci has more than one frame buffer device, all outputting
to the same screen but with a different input chroma? In that case, the
selected device would ideally depend on the VLC decoder chroma. Also,
unless the DSP takes care of it for you, you might want to optimize
I420/YV12 to YUYV/UYVY chroma conversion, although I am not sure if ARMv5
provides much room for any meaningful CPU-side optimization.