[vlc-devel] [C] itml: new playlist design

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Feb 3 18:47:55 CET 2010

Le mercredi 3 février 2010 19:17:45 Francois Cartegnie, vous avez écrit :
> At the end, every open/source dialog is to be replaced by the "media
>  sources" dialog (as every other dialog would just end providing duplicate
> functionalities, and there's currently too many 'confusing' ways to add
> to/alter the internal playlist).

Well... "Open network" could^Wshould really be merged with "Paste URL", but
you can't really remove it.

"Open disc" could be removed in favor of the disc SD... but that only works on
Linux currently. And while I wouldn't mind the loss of chapter pre-selection,
we need to keep streaming and recording.

"Open capture" is only very partially replaced with the capture SD. Even on
Linux, we lack DVB, ALSA and JACK support, and tuning parameters or frequency
scanning for V4L2. On other OSes, it is totally missing.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis