[vlc-devel] [C] itml: new playlist design

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Wed Feb 3 19:22:53 CET 2010

> Well... "Open network" could^Wshould really be merged with "Paste URL", but
> you can't really remove it.
Maybe it's not clear.
Just one dialog: Open -> Choose Media Source
For network, select network, network URL (subtree) enter network URL & add uri
to playlist (or replace whole playlist with it).

> "Open disc" could be removed in favor of the disc SD... but that only works
>  on Linux currently. And while I wouldn't mind the loss of chapter
>  pre-selection, we need to keep streaming and recording.
Select Disc -> Add the disc uri.
For chapter -> Disc -> Disc #0 (subtree) and add the wanted chapter Uri.

> "Open capture" is only very partially replaced with the capture SD. Even on
> Linux, we lack DVB, ALSA and JACK support, and tuning parameters or
>  frequency scanning for V4L2. On other OSes, it is totally missing.
Same behaviour as above.

For conversion, streaming, ... Everything is done from the "Internal Playlist
window".

Sources Dialogs -> Select URIs -> Internal Playlist Dialog -> Choose actions
(play, stream, ...)

Francois