[vlc-devel] Services Discovery interface upgrade

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 18:05:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com> wrote:

> I propose the change / addition / upgrade to Services Discovery interface
> as indicated by the attached patch to vlc_services_discovery.h, which
> addresses issues that I have come across when working on and dealing with
> the current SD and playlist implementation.

Here is the revised patch with corrections of some anomalies discovered when
working on a proto-implementation.
It also includes declarations of new types and events in vlc_common.h and
vlc_events.h.

I am thinking of dropping the constraint that live-updating can only be
enabled on a node after its children have been fetched.

To further clarify the scope and impact of the proposed SD interface:
Since we would have SD item trees composed of sd_node_t, we'd no longer need
to use SD through playlist. Instead, playlist would not be a client of SD
anymore, but all the former clients of playlist's SD support should become
immediate clients of SD.

Best,

J.