[vlc-devel] Services Discovery interface upgrade

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 21:09:52 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since we would have SD item trees composed of sd_node_t, we'd no longer
> need to use SD through playlist. Instead, playlist would not be a client of
> SD anymore, but all the former clients of playlist's SD support should
> become immediate clients of SD.

Well, now I think that it would be best to keep the playlist-SD bridge (thus
having a copy of sd_node_t hierarchy in the playlist), instead of the big
amount of work needed for clients of SD in case of removing the bridge.

This would also allow modules using old and new API to coexist since
playlist-SD bridge would abstract the difference away.

Please, any comments on this whole endeavor?

Cheers,

Jakob