[vlc-devel] Formal complaint - censorship

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Oct 26 17:17:52 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 09:26:16AM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> This is a formal complaint against whoever unilaterally decided to take my
> RSS feed out and then shut down planet.videolan.org
> I demand immediate restoration and apologies. This is called censorship.
Complaint registered.
Will be discussed at the next VideoLAN meeting.

This confirms that too many people have access to our servers, exactly as we
were discussing it with ivoire, the other day.

> Yesterday, Rémi Durraffort asked for better transparency in the project
> management. I could only agree with him. And that's what we got since then.
> I have to say I am extremely disappointed.

What management are you talking about?

About transparency, IMHO, your actions are not the more "transparent"
possible, nor team-friendly. Especially when filling requests to remove
the work that some people invested some times in and not discussing with
this someone else _before_ making it public.

Best Regards,

PS: oh, btw, I wasn't the one removing it, I have barely access to
Internet here.
--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/