[vlc-devel] Deinterlacer user doc update draft
juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Fri Apr 8 01:12:21 CEST 2011
I wrote a draft for an update to the deinterlacer user documentation. It
is intended to partly augment, and partly replace the old documentation
when it is complete.
- Adds a classification of the algorithms into four general types
- Briefly explains telecine as opposed to true interlacing
- Explains what to do specifically with anime. Wikipedia fails to
mention anime on their telecine page, and whoever wrote that seems to
think that telecine is not used much these days, so I think we need this
- Gathers all the technical information into one table (instead of
three, like currently)
- Briefly explains, in a hopefully-general-audience way, how the
different algorithms work.
The summary table is intended to be viewed with a fixed-width font.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the vlc-devel