[vlc-devel] :vout=*** doesn't work anymore

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Apr 12 16:39:18 CEST 2011

Le mardi 12 avril 2011 16:39:13 Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen, vous avez écrit :
> It seems there's a problem using :vout=whatever from a media. It works
> fine when passed to the libvlc_new function.

Of course it does not work. vout (and aout and sout) are not parented to the
input thread anymore. For that to work correctly, aout&vout recycling, and
sout-keep would have to be undone.

> My guess would be the vout doesn't inherit from input anymore, and
> therefore, input's variables are not known to the vout (neither to the
> aout)

Yes. And you can infer that it never worked correctly, since the variables
would be inherited from the first input, rather than the current input.

> Is this a "normal behaviour" due to vout refactoring, or is this a bug ?
> In other words, is it worth fixing now or not ?

It's not a bug.

http://www.remlab.info/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis