[vlc-devel] Deinterlacer TODO / updated

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Mon Apr 18 11:39:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 04/18/2011 12:22 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:04:23PM +0300, Juha Jeronen wrote :
>> Now that Phosphor and IVTC are functional and merged, it's time to
>> update the plan again.
> Congratz again.

Thanks :)

>> 1) Refactor deinterlace.c:
> Would be more than welcome here.

One refactor, coming up... I too think that this needs to be done now,
in order to make it maintainable (and approachable) again. Right now
it's probably just me and Laurent who know how it works :)

>>   - Make a subdirectory (in video_filter), move deinterlace.c there
>>   - Update Modules.am
> Try to avoid creating another Modules.am in the subfolder, but use the
> Modules.am that is already existing.

Ok.

>>   - Wrap the code to 79 columns or less.
> I have to say that, for me, this is not really important.

Ok. But it's not that much work, either (since I'll be going through all
the code anyway), and it'd be nice for consistency. As it is now, the
module is *mostly* 79 columns per line. The main offenders are my
comment about i_frame_offset and some individual lines here and there
from the old algorithms.

>> 2) Finish X (2x).
>>   - Rename to something sensible. Suggestions appreciated :)
> xXx

XD

>> 3) Update the end-user doc, and write a developer doc for the deinterlacer.
> Don't hesitate to modify the wiki, even if not finished.

Ok. I might interleave the doc update with the other items, then.

 -J