[vlc-devel] Smooth Streaming

Frederic YHUEL fyhuel at viotech.net
Thu Aug 25 18:17:33 CEST 2011

> Take a look at Annex C.7 of the ISOBMFF standard it describes the
> construction of fragmented movies.
>
> Best Regards
> Chris

Chris, thank you for your help :-)  I read the ISOBMFF standard and I
managed to get a MOOV box. Now it works if run VLC with a MPD file in
which I have replaced URLs by URLs to Smooth Streaming fragments.

I still don't understand why the client have to build the MOOV box
from the Manifest file, it isn't an easy task (a priori). I will try
to look at Moonlight code to see how they do that.

Regards,

--
Frédéric Yhuel