[vlc-devel] DASH access plugin
remi at remlab.net
Sun Feb 20 15:21:20 CET 2011
Le dimanche 20 février 2011 15:46:36 Christopher Müller, vous avez écrit :
> > Are you too shy to ask for a proper code review and submit the code? Or
> > should
> > I infer that you are permanently done with your project and you won't
> > be
> > updating the code yourselves any further?
> Sorry but I thought that this is the right place for submitting new source
Oh sure, this would be the right place. From your wording, it sounded that you
expected some other developers to take your code and merge it to VLC.
If you want to submit the code, you should format it as a (set of) git-
formatted patches on top of VLC 1.2.0.
In any case, there are a few minor issues in my opinion:
* Seek returns VLC_SUCCESS even though it is not implemented.
* Preprocessor constants should not have trailing semi-colons.
* Indentation does not follow the VLC convention (4 white spaces).
* Source code files should not be executable.
* "https" scheme is registered, but apparently not implemented??
* You should really use net_ConnectTCP(), net_Read(), net_Write() and
net_Close() from <vlc_network.h> instead of custom IPv4-only non-Windows
blocking-mode socket code.
And last, I don't know how practical, but you should try to play nice with the
"normal" HTTP plugin.
More information about the vlc-devel