[vlc-devel] new LUA HTTP Interface Part 3

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Fri Jun 17 01:13:03 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 16 juin 2011, Elminster2031 a écrit :

Please reply inline (quoting). Referring by number to unnumbered bullets in
another mail is really not friendly.

http://validator.w3.org doesn't say the same

> 3) Picky picky - vertical align in part 3
Not picky. When you reduce sizes, everything becomes unaligned.
You already had the good idea to align labels to the right side.

> 5) Yes the 'open stream' is designed for one click streaming for user
> friendliness

The name must reflect the usage.

> 6) Browser max height: 600 - in part 3

Would be better to set it dynamically to browser's height.
Anyway, the current limit isn't working (only works when using the resize
handle). You need to force the widget to recompute size.

> 7) Ah yes, this is actually jQuery themes lack of ui-selected css
> definition, Manual colors would make it less them-able, I'll wait
> until I or someone else has a better solution.

.ui-selectee { color: #1C94C4; }

> 8) see number 7, the style is toggled, though there is no ui-selected css
> def.

.ui-selected { background-color: #1C94C4; }
.ui-selected div { color: #000; }

> 9) 'Audio slider is not really working' needs more explanation. What
> audio slider? 'Audio Delay'?

Drag or click, the volume always goes back to the previous value.

> 10) Talk to jQuery UI about their color definitions. If you don't like
> it, use another theme.

.ui-slider-range { background-color: #000; }

> 11) The playlist loads with the media library and is an output from
> playlist.xml, if it displays wrong, it isn't coming out of the xml
> right.

You're building an UI, not printing raw data.
Think about people with long and/or many subdirs.
Just suppress anything before the last '/' for the item entry and keep the
link as is.

> I have tested with FF: 4.0.1, GC: 12.0.742.100, IE 9.0

We need tests with some more buggier (IE <<) and some more pickier (webkit
based).

"1.2.0-git Twoflower - Lua Web Interface - Copyright © 1996-2011 the VideoLAN
team "
What about adding a link to a new Wiki Web Page dedicated to this new
interface ? (will put online help there)

Francois