[vlc-devel] new LUA HTTP Interface Part 3

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Fri Jun 17 14:33:49 CEST 2011

Le vendredi 17 juin 2011, vous avez écrit :
> >> 5) Yes the 'open stream' is designed for one click streaming for user
> >> friendliness
> >
> > The name must reflect the usage.
>
> What do you recommend?

One Click Streaming == Easy Stream ? Create Easy Stream ?

> maxHeight: 600 in patch 3 should have fixed it. It shouldn't have a
> static height.

I send you a video.

> > .ui-selected { background-color: #1C94C4; }
> > .ui-selected div { color: #000; }
>
> Again, manual colors is not theme friendly.

What I don't understand, is that your jQuery-ui css is already custom.
If they want to change something, let them broke usability.

The lack of selection visual feedback is a real problem.

> I do not experience this problem in any of my environments. Do you see
> it send the command? Does the library reload?

Error loading /requests/status.xml</h1><pre>lua/intf/modules/common.lua:146:
bad argument #1 to 'set' (number expected, got string)

> My point is the xml output should be standardized. The UI should not
> have to process pre-processed information.

You're definitively not speaking of usability.

The difference with other UI, is that you display entries in a fixed 230px
window. Most people will need to scroll.

Francois