[vlc-devel] LibVLC 1.2 status

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Nov 4 11:20:34 CET 2011

   Hello,

I am aware of three major bugs in LibVLC 1.2 at this point:

* Logging does not work. The old API was idiotic and got removed. The new
API does not exist yet.

* The video size functions always fail. The old implementation was
race-prone, and did not adapt to the new video output core. But it mostly
worked. According to discussions, it should be a trivial matter of wrapping
the track info data.

* Meta data events are crash-prone. This is not new. I believe (not
completely sure) this boils down to design bugs event handling framework.

After Clément (zorglub) and then Pierre d'H left the project maintaining
libvlc more or less landed up on me. Unfortunately, I do not have much time
and motivation to take this further on my free time. I reckon this is not a
good situation, but I do not have any solution to offer.

Best regards,

http://www.remlab.net/