[vlc-devel] requesting localisation

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Wed Nov 30 22:57:48 CET 2011

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 29, 11 at 20:29 +0530, Rathin Dholakia wrote:

>                             i myself rathin A . Dholakia, i m from
> INDIA,and i m very BIG fan of VLC,now i am interested in contributing to
> VLC project by localising it in to a new LANGUAGE (mother tongue) GUJARATI
> and i also want to contribute to HINDI translation which i saw is HUNG UP
> only at 1%!!(which is not fair :). with this the problem is i tried to find
> *.PO file in my installation as well as on website but i was unable to get
> it,so please can u do me a favour and send me a copy of localisation to
> start new translation and the other one as well!!. thank u very
> much,looking forward for a positive reply,and sorry for the inconvenience
> caused.

Goswami Hardikpuri Kishorpuri (geniushkg at gmail.com) has recently started
a Gujarati l10n. Contact him to see how you can split the work.

The Hindi l10n is effectively unmaintained. If you wish to take it up,
download hi.po from
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-1.2.git;a=tree;f=po  (by clicking on
"raw")

Regards,