[vlc-devel] Some codec/demux/display bugs

Cyril Lambin cyril at nolife-tv.com
Sat Oct 22 22:04:36 CEST 2011

> 2011/10/11 Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
>
> > 2) Demux issue : DV Quicktime generated by Final Cut Pro 7
>> >
>> > This is an old bug that jb tracked when he came to see us months ago.
>>
>> --demux ffmpeg is the only way to fix.
>>

> It would be really nice if this demuxer could be selected by default for
> quicktime files, then. :)

I have some more information because I just found why I knew this couldn't
be of any use for us : the only user-friendly way to use the ffmpeg demuxer
is to set it as the default demuxer in VLC's interface (because we check
.mov files manually by double-clicking on them or drag & dropping them on
VLC's UI). But by doing that some features of VLC don't work anymore : for
instance it cannot load m3u playlists anymore, which is also something else
we use daily.

Since users don't call VLC from a shell, I cannot set the default demuxer to
ffmpeg, that's why I was asking for an automatic demux switch inside VLC.

Cyril

--
Cyril Lambin - Nolife
Directeur Technique