[vlc-devel] [RFC] Bounties for VLC

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Tue Aug 14 12:30:49 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 05:38:59PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> I have computed a list of bounties from important and/or annoying
> issues/shortcoming of VLC and libVLC, that you can find on our wiki:
> http://wiki.videolan.org/Bounties#List_of_bounties
>
> This is a Work In Progress list. Some of those will get removed, some
> will be added. And the numbers are clearly NOT valid.

I see that few or none of these relate to VLC streaming. Is that intentional
for VLC's focus, or just forgotten? In particular, I'd love to see TCP
fallback for the RTSP server (right now RTSP streaming does not work through
the majority of NATs), and cleanup of the state of TCP buffer management
when doing live streaming (probably due to the clock synchronization
algorithm not handling TS-over-TCP too well). Another pet feature would be
cleaning up the various sources of latency in the encoding chain, but that's
significantly more obscure.

Of course, I realize that as I'm not pledging any money, nor have any
significant weight in the VLC organization, I can't demand any additions to
such a list. :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/