[vlc-devel] Basque translation

dooteo dooteo at euskalgnu.org
Tue Feb 14 10:57:42 CET 2012

Hi Christophe

Let me to introduce myself. My name is Iñaki Larrañaga Murgoitio (aka
Dooteo) and I'm GNOME, OpenOffice.org, LyX, Inkscape, Scribus, Bluefish
and other projects Basque lang leader [1]. I use to work  with Basque
Government Language Policy Department to translate Free Software to
Basque language. Those projects use a unified term bank and translation
style discussed, created and fixed during last 10 years.

Let me involve in this VLC case, Xabier's translation does not follow
those rules. Furthermore, Xabier translations are not easy to
understand, nobody can get what they mean, and consecuently nobody can
use VLC with Basque UI. I don't like to say this, but honestly, it's one
of the worst translation ever seen in my life.

The file submitted to you by Aritz (vlc-1.1.3_eu.po) was been translate
by Basque Goverment in our last project (in which there was translated
many GNOME applications UI as well as OOo/LiBo HelpContent modules among
other things). Basque Goverment translation was allowed by Aritz at the
beginning of that huge translation project, and sent back to Aritz once
it was translated and reviewed.

That's why taking those facts in mind, I'm asking you to use/include
Aritz sent vlc-1.1.3_eu.po file in VLC project.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Dooteo

[1]
http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/eu/
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages
http://www.lyx.org/I18n
http://bfwiki.tellefsen.net/index.php/Translations

Jatorrizko mezua: al., 2012-02-13 22:51 +0100, egilea: aritz erkiaga