[vlc-devel] [MacOSX] DMG Image design

Rob Jonson rob at hobbyistsoftware.com
Mon Jul 16 14:10:34 CEST 2012

>>> 2. Applications folder icon: I want to put this icon
>>> http://imgur.com/666fZ , but I don't know how change the default blue icon.

> Additionally, I'm not aware of any major 3rd party tool shipped on a
> disk-image with a custom Applications folder artwork.

Skype uses a custom Applications icon. I spotted that the other day
and thought it was a mistake!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4262242/2012-07-16%2012.55.23%20pm.png
Agree that VLC should use the default.

>>> 3. To change the Desktop icon, we need to create a lot icons in one .icns
>>> file. do I need one special tool for this?

I use FastIcns to build the icns file. You feed it a high res image
and it scales it down to the various images required.
You can probably use this as the base, then tweak the lower-res images
manually if required.
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/22759/fasticns

--

Hobbyist Software is a trading name of Hobbyist Software Limited.
Registered office Flat 4 Eastmead Court, Bristol BS9 1HP. Registered