[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Audio: Core Audio: Initialize starting volume for analog devices.

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Mar 9 09:36:57 CET 2012

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 16:58:04 -0600, Jon Stacey <jon at jonsview.com> wrote:
>> Ok, so you are blatantly lying and telling everyone that the
>> documentation and
>> aout core that I spent lots of time to rewrite sucks.
>
> *sigh*
>
> Perhaps I have not been clear. I am not saying that it sucks.

You said is was bad. I concede it is a different language register, but I
do not perceive much semantical difference.

> What I am
> indeed saying is that the behavior does not seem consistent to me and
that
> I am trying to understand _why_. If there is a specific reason that it
is
> not consistent I have not found it yet, and that is what I'm trying to
get
> to the root of.

You keep asking the same question: Where/how is the initial volume set?
I already told you: This is done by the back-end (e.g. PulseAudio), so it
is out of the scope of VLC code and documentation, and I do not even know
the details.

In fact, the code and documentation that I refered to explains how to
report the (initial) volume back to VLC for the benefit of the UI.

Sent from my collocated server