[vlc-devel] Lua extension and vlc.misc

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Mar 11 13:13:14 CET 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 01:29:26PM +1100, Xavion wrote :
> Right now, I just want to stress to you guys that "vlc.misc.cachedir()" (or
> "vlc.config.cachedir()") and "vlc.misc.version()" (or JB's
> "minimum_version" variable) *must* return in VLC v2.0.1.  Please don't do

As I said, I will make those back, with a *strong* deprecation warning
as soon as I got some time, and for 2.0.x.

However, in the future, it will be vlc.config.*dir() and
vlc.misc.version() will die, after I do the minimum version thingie.

> By the way, I was surprised to discover that "item.is_preparsed()" requires
> 'item' as an argument.  It seems a bit unnecessary that I should have to
> call "item.is_preparsed(item)".  Additionally, this contradicts what's
> listed in the online VLC Lua
> Read-Me<http://www.videolan.org/developers/vlc/share/lua/README.txt>file:
> it seems to suggest that this function requires no arguments.  Maybe
> you guys had a reason for making the argument mandatory; I just thought I
> should bring this to your attention in case it was unplanned.

This is a bug then and should be fixed.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf