[vlc-devel] Hard-coding space key to play / pause action

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 11:24:57 CEST 2013

Hello,

Several weeks ago, I proposed the attached patch to hard-code the space hotkey to play / pause action.
From a user point of view, IMHO some keys should just always trigger the intuitive action such as escape (Exit fullscreen) and also space (toggle play / pause). With this patch, space can be still assigned to another action with preferences.

For the qt intf, space is the default key for play / pause, but it can be overridden. For the macosx intf, space was hard-coded to play / pause.

Do you have any opinions / objections for this patch?
I am also fine to hard-code the space hotkey to play/pause in the macosx intf again. But as discussed in [1], a consistent solution for all intfs would be better.

With best regards,
David

[1] http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2013-February/091853.html