[vlc-devel] Frame freezes but the audio keeps going...

Peng howtofly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 08:05:42 CEST 2013

On 06/27/2013 01:43 PM, Peter Tap wrote:

> Let me run it with highest verbosity. As I cannot consistently reproduce the problem, I would need to wait for a day or two until the problem occurs.

One or two days to reproduce? I have encountered a very similar problem
before.

Last year, we had a video encoder card producing a MPEG TS stream, which
was then re-streamed to a VLC player. After one or two day's continuous
play, picture freezing occurred. It turned out to be caused by the
relative clock skew between the video card and the computer. In this
case, it might be helpful to compare the PTS in stream and the system
clock at the receiver end.

--
Peng