[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] configure: unbreak cross-pkg-config support with contrib

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Mar 4 11:08:05 CET 2014

On 04 Mar, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> Nothing new here.

The subtilities of LIBDIR vs PATH are not obvious. And seeing the mess
it created, many people have their build broken.

> I think I made it clear to you and Rafaël at VDD that I
> would not take responsibility for people ignoring the documentation, unless
> explicitly asked.

Sorry, but then, don't complain that people complain about your attitude.
This whole thread would have been useless by just adding one line.

You consider that it's none of your business to help other? fine.
But don't complain about people considering your attitude unfriendly.

> Nobody asked for clarifications. Rafaël, then Sébastien then you all
> started by faulting the commit, not by asking for clafications.

I did not fault the commit. I complained about the thread tone and
attitude. And I will again.

> In that respect, Rafaël and your attitude feels like betrayal of my trust.

Overstatement, much?

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734