[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] configure: unbreak cross-pkg-config support with contrib

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Mar 4 11:29:42 CET 2014

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 11:08:05 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
wrote:
> On 04 Mar, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
>> Nothing new here.
>
> The subtilities of LIBDIR vs PATH are not obvious. And seeing the mess
> it created, many people have their build broken.

The fact is that Rafaël immediately faulted the commit, and that Sébastien
followed suit and only retracted into asking latter. And Rafaël is still
arguing that the commit is wrong.

>> I think I made it clear to you and Rafaël at VDD that I
>> would not take responsibility for people ignoring the documentation,
>> unless explicitly asked.
>
> Sorry, but then, don't complain that people complain about your
attitude.

In my personal opinion and considering VDD, this is hypocritical.

> This whole thread would have been useless by just adding one line.

And as I *also* mentioned back at VDD, I do not presume what people know
and do not know. Rather I expect that people who do not know will either
ignore it, or ask for clarifications. Again, I agreed to provide infos if I
could *and* I were *asked*, not if people tell me to revert my commits.

> You consider that it's none of your business to help other? fine.

This is accusations on intent, and on top of that it is false. I did
provide clarifications once asked for.

> But don't complain about people considering your attitude unfriendly.

Everybody in this thread has had an unfriendly attitude, except for the
commit bot.

>> Nobody asked for clarifications. Rafaël, then Sébastien then you all
>> started by faulting the commit, not by asking for clafications.
>
> I did not fault the commit. I complained about the thread tone and
> attitude. And I will again.

Yes indeed, you implicitly moved onto the pthread problem from the
pkg-config problem. But that's not what it read like.

Sent from my collocated server