[vlc-devel] Adapting to API changes. Getting a hold of intf_thread_t* inside a video filter2 module

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Sep 28 16:30:43 CEST 2014

Le dimanche 28 septembre 2014, 04:03:36 nurupo contributions a écrit :
> In VLC 3.0.0 pl_Get(...) has changed its argument type from vlc_object_t*
> to intf_thread_t*, because of which my "video filter2" category module now
> needs to also be of "interface" category, in order to get a hold of
> intf_thread_t* for pl_Get(...).

Not sure why you to get the playlist pointer from a video filter, but that's
perhaps not the best way to achieve what you want.

Notably there is a clear need to pass the current input item to the outputs
and filters. But the hypothetical method to address that requirement ought to
not involve the playlist in any way, if only because the playlist is not even
necessarily present.

> Is there a way to have a single option in Preferences that would
> enable/disable both the module and the submodule?

Not currently.

> Or, perhaps, there is some other way to call pl_Get(...) from a "video
> filter2" category module?

No, and there should not be IMNSHO.

http://www.remlab.net/