[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Tag 2.2.3 : VLC media player 2.2.3 'WeatherWax'

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Tue Apr 26 19:16:06 CEST 2016

On 26/04/2016 17:47, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> hello,
>
> On 26 Apr, Rafaël Carré wrote :
>> j-b apparently found a good and permanent solution already by getting
>> rid of me.
>
> stop paranoia.
>
> I could not give you easily the key, so I did one build.
> It's a temporary solution, until we meet in Vienna.

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 11B54C60
gpg --list-sigs 11B54C60
gpg -r funman at videolan.org --encrypt cert

After a few months I still don't understand what is not easy about this.

>> I am not coming in person to Vienna so there is no point in waiting the
>> Vienna meeting.
>
> Sorry, but why are you not coming?
> If you are a main maintainer and root, not coming to the quarter
> meetings is not cool.

I have upcoming real-life impediments.

>> - My root access to goldeneye be reinstated ASAP if this was removed
>> intentionally
>
> Sure. It was explained to you and this list why it was removed, with
> quite a few details... Stop doing non-roots things as roots, that's
> all...

At no point you mentioned removing my access.
I would certainly have disagreed over this.

>> - The win64 release binaries continue to be provided by me
>
> Well, are you going to care about this platform and test it?

I am doing that already.

Again, if there are win64 specific bugs I can and will help when I am
made aware of them.

This is however completely orthogonal of who is building the win64
release binaries.

>> - I be provided with all the necessary tools to provide them (signing
>> certificate)
> No objections, but see above.
>
>> - All related matters be discussed on this mailing list
>
> Sure.
>
>> This is in my opinion a breach from j-b of our shared values, namely:
>> - be collaborative
>> - be respectful
>
> Sorry, but you broke our values first. You don't maintain things, you
> dont' come to meetings, you're almost not active anymore and you do
> demands?

Being less active than in the past is not breaking shared values in itself.

Making retaliations for it certainly is, that is why I demand you
explain yourself.

>> vs j-b in
>> a fair manner and separate the interests of VideoLAN versus VideoLABS ?
>
> simple, come to our meetings and explain the situation.
> noone has more votes than anyone else.

I was there in FOSDEM and at no point you made any remark related to
win64 or root
usage to me.

This is despite my supposed missteps having already happened.

If there were a real problem you would have mentioned it at FOSDEM, no?