[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Update POTFILES.in

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Nov 25 07:58:55 CET 2017

Le perjantaina 24. marraskuuta 2017, 23.52.48 EET David Fuhrmann a écrit :
> To by honest, I would say as a general rule all macosx files should be in
> the translation list.

The point is that there is no general rule. A decade ago, there was a script
adding every source files. It failed miserably as it included certain files
that really must not be scanned (generated files, sample code), and generated
not fully reproducible results. And indeed, fact of the matter is that this
patch did break the build...

So even if the performance issue is not much of a deal nowadays, there is
still no other working ways than manual updates at the moment.

> As we saw with j-bs patch, lots of macosx files were
> missing because of renames.

Sorry but that makes zero sense. Renamed files did not magically vanish from
the file, and the test suite will immediately fail if you leave the old names.
This amounts to neglect, a people problem, not a technical problem.

Only added files are a semi-technical issue.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
https://www.remlab.net/