[vlc-devel] OpenHMD branch?

Lomax lomax at clickworkorange.com
Sun May 19 16:26:16 CEST 2019

Hi again,

I've run into something odd: I expect the video to display as two
"squircles" side by side in VLC (sort of like this[1]), and it
definitely did so on my previous build, but now I just see one half
(upper or lower) of the video, and it's displayed as normal video. This
happens even with a "known good" video, so it's not a spatialmedia tag
issue. It still wraps around 360 degrees when viewed in the Rift, and
headtracking works, but it's like it's monoscopic (the left & right eye
views do not overlap at all). If I leave full screen and zoom out so the
whole video fits on screen I just see a single view of what looks like a
completely normal ~16:9 video, except that it follows the headtracking
when I move the HMD. Any ideas what could be causing this?

1: https://i.imgur.com/NOfjZPn.png