[vlc-devel] OpenHMD branch?

Alexandre Janniaux ajanni at videolabs.io
Sun May 19 17:06:16 CEST 2019

Hi, I'll answer to your bigger previous post later, but first, thank
you for your comprehensive testing of this branch and the report you
did.

The code is extracting lenses properties from OpenHMD to match the
projection with the way the headset works. If there is no HMD, there
is no projection. The "circle-like" effect is a colour and pixel
transformation (using panotools parameters) to match the lenses used
by the headset, which is needed because of the low distance between
the eyes and the screen in the headset.

What is your setup, do you have screenshot of the issue ? This code was
taylored for headset demos so there are probably a lot of different
hacks and mostly only headset playback is probably correctly handled in
this version.

I can try to provide you a version with some fixes for the demo if you
want and if it's not too much time consuming, but I would like to know
the exact use case for your demo. You can ping me as "unidan" on irc if
you need some help on the build itself.

Greats,
--
Alexandre Janniaux,