[vlc-devel] breaking build

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Tue Oct 22 09:49:04 CEST 2019

On 2019-10-22 9:14, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> I am using proper English, common English idioms from Latin (which this
> was) and English Internet slang earlier. Like everybody else here.
>
> I'm fed up with your selfish requests. You should consider yourself
> lucky that most complex English words are similar in your language.
> That's not an excuse for complaining when there's a word or acronym you
> don't understand. Imagine how I would be if non-English and non-romance
> native speakers asked every time there's a nontrivial word or expression.

QED or YMMV are definitely not trivial in the context of this mailing
list. This is actually selfish of yours to consider everyone reading the
mailing list should have the same English level, latin idioms and
Internet slang as you do. Language is a tool to be understood by others.
If you're only understood by yourself, it's useless. That's also
consistent with your one line code review that we often ask you to
clarify because it's so vague and can have so many interpretations. The
acronyms are just a symptom of a wider communication problem.