[vlc-devel] GSoc project: GUI improvement

Pierre Lamot pierre at videolabs.io
Mon Mar 30 16:49:49 CEST 2020

On 2020-03-29 18:35, Prince Gupta wrote:
> Hello,
> This is Prince. I am interested in a project GUI improvement in VlC
> desktop clients for GSoC.
> I wanted to discuss how this project should be implemented and what
> are the requirements, expectations and does the current maintainers
> have some prior design view on which should I work upon?
>
> Also about me, Recently I have worked on the open-source project
> QBittorrent[1], majorly on the GUI side particularly implemented
> theming support and others. I want to use that experience in this
> project and contribute my best.
> I also worked with QML for my personals projects [2][3]. My other
> projects can be found [4]

Hi,

You can find at [1] the first steps to apply for the GSoC,
be sure to compile VLC with "medialibrary" support from the contribs [2]
and to have a recent enough version of Qt (>= 5.11)

If you need some ideas for simple patch or have questions regarding the
Qt/QML code, you can ask me on IRC (chubinou)

[1] https://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2020/#How_to_Start
[2] https://wiki.videolan.org/UnixCompile/#The_.22Contrib.22_method

Best regards,

Pierre