[vlc-devel] GSoc project: GUI improvement

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Mar 30 16:37:48 CEST 2020

Good morning Prince,

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020, at 18:35, Prince Gupta wrote:
> This is Prince. I am interested in a project GUI improvement in VlC desktop clients for GSoC.
> I wanted to discuss how this project should be implemented and what are the requirements, expectations and does the current maintainers have some prior design view on which should I work upon?

You should build VLC 4.0, et you should look at the current designs:

Windows
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cys2yzn1k9pmz6i/AABnYTGsDpueAeWMCYlUVV_Qa/windows/20200317?dl=0

MacOS
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cys2yzn1k9pmz6i/AAAbW8_Hl8gdX0zcBvoMZdrja/mac/20200317

Best,

> Also about me, Recently I have worked on the open-source project QBittorrent[1], majorly on the GUI side particularly implemented theming support and others. I want to use that experience in this project and contribute my best.
> I also worked with QML for my personals projects [2][3]. My other projects can be found [4]

Yes, that seems valid :)
--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf - President
+33 672 704 734