[vlc-devel] Releasing 3.0.12

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Nov 12 09:41:19 CET 2020

Le torstaina 12. marraskuuta 2020, 9.09.56 EET Pierre Ynard via vlc-devel a
écrit :
> > In general, I don't think YouTube is a factor of consideration for
> > stable release, as it breaks all the time. I mean, realistically, how
> > long until it breaks again after 3.0.12 is released?
>
> That's an unrefutable presumption...

No. It's an empirical observation that it has kept breaking, and the current
process of making VLC stable releases is not sufficiently reactive to address
that.

> And in fact the track record shows
> that total loss of functionality is rather rare.

Everything is relative. In comparison to most other VLC features, it keeps
breaking.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't fix it. I'm saying that it can't be a criteria
for making releases within the current process, even though it is a popular
feature.

http://www.remlab.net/