Fw: is this project alive?

bharat tewari bharat.tewari at wipro.com
Wed Oct 11 05:50:24 CEST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: bharat tewari
To: listar at videolan.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 7:21 PM
Subject: is this project alive?

hi
well i don't know whether this project is still alive or not but i have a question.
when i tried using the vlc (vlc-0.1.99i) i was able to compile, install everything but when i play the mpeg2 video then the entire colormap is screwed up and i dont see any worthwhile picture. I am using xfree86 4.1 and yeah btw my plugin for display is x11, the plugins that are loaded are x11, yuv, yuvmmx, dsp and dummy plugins.
Now i changed the x11 plugin to render image in Xv format, this i did as i feel that its better to use Xv extensions rather than using X calls, i modified the XShmCreateImage() and XShmPutImage() to XvShmCreateImage() and XvShmPutImage() and now i get the better display but its almost green. I feel that this is because while getting the display data, the MMX functions for converting the color space to RGB is done which i want to comment out so that i can get the picture. I am trying but i am unable to figure out as to where to make this change. If somebody can help me out on this.
BTW i am using i810 for which i have the Xv driver.
regds
bharat