Fw: is this project alive?

Peter Jay Salzman p at belial.ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:31:23 CEST 2000

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2000, bharat  tewari wrote:
>
> > well i don't know whether this project is still alive or not but i
> > have a question.
>
>    The project is still alive, but as the new term has just started
> here, we first have to organize a bit as to which students will do what
> (it's mostly a school project, and we have to deal with a few additional
> constraints).

sam, fwiw, i think a lot of people are using livid because the dvd playing
howto only mentions this option for playing dvd's.

i stumbled onto vlc via the debian mailing list, and got my dvd playing
within a few minutes via your vlc rpm.

after compiling the source with ppro and mmx enabled, dvd playing was
nearly flawless under a PII/400.  it WAS flawless after setting up the
mtrr's correctly and switching from enlightenment to the mwm window
manager.

i mentioned this on the livid mailing list, and a WHOLE BUNCH of people
asked me about the videolan project.  everyone was impressed by the project;
livid cvs hasn't compiled (and i'm not newbie) for quite some time.  it's
been very frustrating for a lot of people.  vlc is fantastic software.

on behalf of linux dvd owners, i wanted to thank you and the vlc developers
and give you my utmost encouragement for your project.

simply put, you guys are fantastic.  thank you!

pete

To err is human, to forgive is divine.      p at belial.ucdavis.edu     _
To oink is porcine, to meow is feline.    http://www.dirac.org/p    ._.
To neigh is equine to howl is lupine,                               /v\
To moo is bovine to bleat is ovine.                                // \\