Fw: is this project alive?

Samuel Hocevar sam at via.ecp.fr
Wed Oct 11 10:43:21 CEST 2000

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> after compiling the source with ppro and mmx enabled, dvd playing was
> nearly flawless under a PII/400.  it WAS flawless after setting up the
> mtrr's correctly

   Ah, I never bothered about tuning the MTRRs, does it improve
performances significantly ?

> and switching from enlightenment to the mwm window manager.

   Sounds strange to me. Either enlightenment or vlc is doing something
bad here.

> [...]
> on behalf of linux dvd owners, i wanted to thank you and the vlc developers
> and give you my utmost encouragement for your project.

   Thanks a lot. We'll try not to disappoint you :)

Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam at via.ecp.fr>                     http://www.via.ecp.fr/~sam/
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \