Fw: is this project alive?

CORDING Darryl darrylcording at energex.com.au
Fri Oct 13 02:49:13 CEST 2000

I forgot to mention this is my output to stdout/stderr when I attempt to
launch vlc....

[darrylc at bugs darrylc]$ vlc /mnt/dvd/video_ts/video_ts.vob
/mnt/dvd/video_ts/vts_02_[0123456].vob
VideoLAN Client - version 0.1.99h Onatopp - (c)1996-2000 VideoLAN

Playlist initialized
Plugin bank initialized
Plugin 0: X Window System 0.1.99h [0x200]
Plugin 1: Linux framebuffer 0.1.99h [0x100]
Plugin 2: Gnome 0.1.99h [0x200]
Plugin 3: Accelerated MMX YUV to RGB transformations 0.1.99h [0x200]
Plugin 4: C YUV to RGB transformations 0.1.99h [0x100]
Plugin 5: OSS /dev/dsp 0.1.99h [0x100]
Plugin 6: Dummy 0.1.99h [0x1]
VLANs initialized
Video display initialized (720x576, 16/16 bpp)
Disabling screen saver
Interface initialized
Playing file /mnt/dvd/video_ts/video_ts.vob
input: found a PTS, at last ...
Found MPEG video stream at 0xe0, allocating PID 0x20
Playing file /mnt/dvd/video_ts/vts_02_0.vob
Found MPEG private (DVD subtitle) stream at 0x21, allocating PID 0xa1
input error: not a startcode (0x2cfe02 instead of 0x000001)
Input initialized
input error: not a startcode (0x2cfe02 instead of 0x000001)

I'm not sure what the error 'not a startcode' means, it seems to suggest
that it can not find something to play? I get the same message with the rpm
version the 0.1.99h and the 0.1.99i versions.

Anybody seen this one before??

regards
Darryl