0.2.70 problems

Daz daz at undertaker.homeip.net
Tue Apr 10 14:29:38 CEST 2001

'Aloo,
	I was using the previous version without too many problems.  I just
upgraded to 0.2.70 and now I cant even watch a dvd.  Heres some more info:

OS: MAndrake 8.0 beta3
Kernel: 2.4.3ac3
interface: Gnome (almost 1.4)
video card:  TNT2 using nvidia's drivers
CPU: Athlon 950
Mem: 128M
Sound Card: es1371 (oss drivers)

	start vlc (or gvlc, or with any command line options.  It doesnt
matter).  Click on 'Disk'.  Select /dev/dvd, title 1, chapter 1.  (This works
on previous versions.)	 Click 'OK'.  Immediate "gnome-bug-buddy" "this
application has crashed due to a seg. fault".	I have tried various '--vout',
'--aout', '--intf', and '--input' strings.   No difference.  I have tried
different chapter, title choices.  No difference.  I have attached the
vlc-debug.log.

I also ran a gdb, however, I dont know if I did it right.  I just ran 'gdb vlc'
and then 'run'.  Ive never used gdb before.

Here is the output:
[daz at mankind vlc]$ gdb vlc
GNU gdb 5.0mdk-11mdk Linux-Mandrake 8.0
This GDB was configured as "i386-mandrake-linux"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/vlc
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 14726)]
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.70 Urumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN
intf: interface initialized
[New Thread 2049 (LWP 14737)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 14737.
[New Thread 1026 (LWP 14738)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 14738.
[New Thread 2051 (LWP 14739)]
[New Thread 3076 (LWP 14740)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 14740.
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 16/16 bpp)
vout: YUV acceleration activated
vout stats: picture heap: 0/5
vout stats: picture heap: 0/5
[New Thread 4101 (LWP 14741)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 14741.
input: opening dvd:/dev/dvd
[New Thread 5126 (LWP 14742)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 14742.
dvd warning: DTS audio not handled yet
[New Thread 6151 (LWP 14743)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 14743.

[Switching to Thread 4101 (LWP 14741)]
__pthread_mutex_lock (mutex=0x0) at mutex.c:99
99	mutex.c: No such file or directory.
	in mutex.c

I did get some errors about DTS audio, but like I said before, same hardware,
older software, worked almost perfectly.
David

-- Type: application/x-unknown
-- File: vlc-debug.log